- Use gparted to create a single FAT16 formatted partition on the flash drive.
- You can install gparted using apt-get install gparted
- You may need to first umount the USB flash drive before you can partition and format it.
- Install unetbootin using apt-get install unetbootin or read WestCoastSuccess' comment.
- Run unetbootin and:
- Select the distribution FreeDOS.
- Select your USB flash drive
- Click OK. This will download FreeDOS to create a DOS bootable flash drive.
Update 2010/01/02: Updated instruction as per WestCoastSuccess.